I General Principles
1. In order to carry out the educational policy of the country, stick up for the regular teaching and living environment of the school, educate international students to observe the law, Discipline and Punishment Criterion for International students is constituted according to the Discipline and Punishment Criterion for Students in Higher Education School, Discipline and Punishment Criterion for Students of Hunan University of Commerce and the related rules and law, with the reference to the actual situation of the school.
2. Discipline and Punishment Criterion for International Students adapts to all international students studying in Hunan University of Commerce (language student, undergraduate and postgraduate).
3. The school is obliged to stick up legal rights and interests for students, on the other hand, the students have the obligation to observe law, rules and regulations stated by school.
4. The school can exercise its administrative power to the students who disobeyed the law, rules and disciplines in the form of criticizing or punishment, which is a caution and correction to the students’ deflection from basic moral behavior norms, as well as a kind of assistant education to students.
II Regulations of Exit and Entry Border and Residence
5. International students shall obey the Law of Cross Border Foreigners of People’s Republic of China and finish all the legal requests of crossing border and residence.
6. International students shall fill in the registration form for temporary foreign residence and submit to local Public Security Bureau within 24 hrs after the registration in the school. A health report should be submitted in 30 days after entering border of the Health and Quarantine Bureau of China to finish the residential application. The Public Security Bureau will give a fine for any postpone.
7. International students shall check the validity of the passport regularly. In case that the passport is overdue before graduation, the student should apply for an extension in corresponding Embassy 3 months ahead of the schedule and conduct a health examination in Health and Quarantine Bureau of China. The school can prove the need of extension and international students should apply for it 30 days ahead of schedule in Changsha Cross Border Office of Public Security Bureau. Students are responsible for any fine form the Bureau of delay.
8. Passport should be of safekeeping. When lost, it should be reissued by corresponding embassy after the report to Changsha Public Security Bureau. The residence approval will need a reapply after the obtaining of new passport.
9. International students have to leaving the border when the residence permit is overdue or the Public Security Bureau will give a fine. Student can apply for a residential extension if the education in the school is unfinished 3 months ahead of the schedule. In cases of the alteration of the residential permit, the bearer should apply for an alteration 10 days ahead of schedule.
10. International students should leave the border within the required time in cases of graduation and study termination. The school will report the expulsion of the international students to Public Security Bureau and the bureau will confiscate the student’s residence permit or shorten the residential period according to law.
III Violation Instance and Punishment
11. The violation instances of disobedience China national law and regulations, undermining social stabilization and disturbance the peace and order of school will be punished as follows:
1) The punishment for the violation instances, such as demagoguery on purpose, fake, instigate and make trouble, post illegal propagation and disturb the peace and order of school and society will receive sever warning.
2) The punishment for the violation instances to participate in illegal assembly, pageant is not less than sever warning. The punishment for the violation instances of organizing illegal assembly and pageant is not less than recording a demerit.
3) The punishment for the violation instances of constituting illegal organization and spreading abroad fetish and evil religion is not less than sever warning. The punishment for the violator with grave instance or main organizer is probation in school or expulsion.
4) The punishment for the violation instances to organize activity in the name of student organization without registration, and disobedience the Regulations for Student Organization is not less than sever warning.
5) The punishment for other unlisted violation instances that destroy social stabilization, disturb the peace and order of school may refer to the relative article.
12. Campus Norms
1) Important celebrations such as assembly and pageant for Independence Day of homeland should be held with the permission of the school. Please note the written application should be submitted to the International student Office of International Exchange and Cooperation Office one week in advance. Any violation will be handled with according to school regulations and related laws.
2) Students should respect different faith and be forbidden to fight, dispute, and defiance during class.
3) Students should take classes on time and should not be absent or late, or leave early. Students cannot skip classes without the permission of supervising teacher.
4) Leaving from the school should be approved. The International Exchange and Cooperation Office may approve a sick leave less than one week; the student should fill in the Leave Application of International Student of HNUC with the certificate of diagnosis of hospital. Students, who want outgoing during summer or winter vacations, should fill in Travel Plans of International Students on Holiday form in the International Exchange and Cooperation Office.
5) The total days of the private affair leave shouldn’t be over one month during one semester. Leaving without permission or overstaying of leave is deemed to be absent. The punishment for the violation instance to absent education activities stated by school for total of 15 class hours without leave permission during one semester is warning; the punishment for the violation instance of leaving school for over 30 class without permission is deregistration by the student himself according to Students Abroad Status Regulations, and the punishment will be expulsion if the violator refuses to deregister.
6) The qualifications of the scholarship candidate and the superior award for each subject are cancelled for students who are absent from regular examinations. Students must ask for leave before examination if needed.
13. Lodging Norms
1) The punishment for the violation instance to disturb the rest in dorm or boarding house is warning or severe warning. The punishment for the violation instance to reside the rental room outside school without permission and stay outside school at night is not less than record a demerit.
2) The punishment for the violation instances to accommodate the adventitious person, or arrange the adventitious person to reside in dorm is severe warning or record a demerit; the punishment is probation in school or expulsion if the violator is aware of the adventitious person is suspect or dissipated bummer.
3) The punishments for the violation instances of breeding pets, bringing experimental animal back and feeding in dorm, wasting water and electricity on purpose is warning, severe warning or record a demerit.
4) The punishment for other unlisted violations against the Dormitory Supervisory Regulations may refer to the relative article.
IV The General Insurance Regulation
In terms of the regulation of the Ministry of Education, we formulate this Regulation in accordance with the actual situation of our university.
14. The international students who study in China for more than half a year must buy insurance, which is the necessary material for enrollment and registration procedures.
15. The general insurance fee of the international students in China must be paid in accordance with the national policy. Each duration starts from October 1st to September 30th of the next year. The general insurance fee of the government-financed international students will be paid by the Ministry of Education, while self-financed international students must pay it on their own, and the fee will be collected by the Administration Office of International students in order to help the international students’ effect insurance.
16. Regulated reimbursement for the outpatient service is available to the government-supported international students, and the hospitalization expenses for serious illnesses shall be undertaken by the Insurance Company.
17. Students with the insurance should pay the medical expenses first, and then seek for the settlement of claims that is entrusted by the Administration Office of International students. The insurance company will pay for the expenses after investigating and verifying.
18. Other situations beyond the insurance contract will not be covered, and the related expenses will be at the students’ own expense.
19. This regulation is put in force since September 5th, 2015 and it prevails other regulations in case of disputes.
The International Exchange and Cooperation Office of Hunan University of Commerce holds the right to explain all the above regulations.